This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer our visitors.
Cobblestone Cottage is a barn conversion next to our own farmhouse. It is about 1 mile from the nearest village of Heamoor.
The cottage is fully equipped for self-catering. The sitting room and kitchen/diner are large, light and spacious. There are also 2 separate bedrooms, one family bathroom with shower attachment, and one ensuite shower room.
Take the A30 towards Penzance. Go straight over the Sainsbury’s roundabout and take the second exit at the Tesco roundabout. Straight over at the next roundabout. At the next roundabout take the 4th exit to Heamoor. Go through the village and past the Sportsman pub. As you come out of the village turn right at the crossroads signposted Gulval. This is Joseph’s Lane. Take the first left signposted Bone Valley.
Go past a campsite on the left then through a woody area. You will come across a nasty S bend with Higher Boskinning on the right. Continue round the S bend and take the next right turn. There is a boulder with a slate sign ‘Lower Boskinning’. Go up the drive and the cottage parking is the first entrance on the right.
Should you require parking for a second car, continue up the drive and park close to the hedge on the right at the end of the cottage.
There is a key safe on the gate in the parking area and the code will be shared with you prior to your arrival. Please keep the gate locked to prevent cows from entering the garden
Our house is the next one on the right if you have any problems.
We are 10 minutes from Penzance station and 60 minutes from Newquay Airport. Hertz Car Hire operate from Newquay Airport and Europcar from Penzance train station where there is also a taxi rank.
There is a bus station in Penzance but there is only one bus a day past the cottage so a car is essential.
By car, we are 5 1/2 – 6 hours from London and about 3 hours from Bristol.
Car Parking and Arrival
Parking space for 1 car is available on a gravelled area off the driveway. The parking area is lit by a motion sensor light.
Access from the car park to the cottage is via two sets of granite steps. The first set has two steps which are 10cm and 20cm high. A granite chipping pathway joins these to a second set of steps which are 20cm and 25cm high.
There is a light outside the door, the switch for which is just inside the cottage on the right hand side. The width of the front door is 68 cm and fully opened 130cm.
There is a step up onto a raised granite paved area of 10cm and then into the cottage of 18cm.
• The front door takes you straight into the living room.
• There is a doormat to wipe your feet. There is another door (which acts as a fire exit) in the hallway to the bedrooms where there is room for shoes and a hanging space for coats.
• All floors have a tile or wooden floors and are well lit.
• There is a welcome booklet which will help you with appliances in the cottage as well as giving you information on what to do in the area.
• If you need any additional help or information, please ask at the farmhouse.
• The sitting room is light, airy and spacious. The floors are wooden with a large rug and there is a large coffee table in front of the fire (125cm x 59cm).There is a wood-burning stove with hearth. Instructions on lighting and looking after the wood-burner stove are in the welcome pack and must be carefully adhered to. There is a fire guard available in the bedroom cupboard and there is a carbon monoxide alarm on the beam above the stove.
• With the patio doors, a window in the front door and a roof light there is plenty of natural light in the room, and all windows have lined curtains. There are 3 wall lights, one table lamp and a standard floor lamp.
• There is a mains wired smoke alarm in the sitting room.
• There is a single step of 11 cm to the kitchen/diner.
• The kitchen/diner has a stone tiled floor. The room is light and spacious, with plenty of room surrounding the 122 x 90cm pine dining table and chairs.
• A fire extinguisher and blanket are provided and are on the wall to the left of the kitchen/diner.
• The kitchen/diner area has a roof light and light from the sitting room making the room light and airy.
• There are 3 ceilings lights and 2 wall lights in the kitchen/diner.
• There is a mains-wired heat alarm in the kitchen.
• There are two bedrooms. Access from the kitchen/diner to the bedrooms and bathroom is via a long hall which is 122 cm wide and each bedroom door is 80cm wide. There is a single step of 14 cm to the family bathroom and bedrooms.
• There is a mains-wired smoke alarm in the hallway.
• Bedroom 1 has a king sized bed which is 63 cm high. There are two bedside tables with a bedside lamp on each. There is a chest of drawers with 5 drawers and a wardrobe with shelves and a hanging rail. There is one chair. The bedroom floor is wood with 2 rugs.
• There are 3 wall lights. The room has a large window affording plenty of natural light and the curtains are lined.
• Bedroom 2 has 2 single 3ft beds which are 60 cm above the floor. There is a bedside cabinet with a bedside lamp. There is a wardrobe with shelves, a rail 165 cm above the floor. There is a chair in the room and a rug on the floor between the beds.
• There is a window affording plenty of natural light and views to the garden. The curtains have blackout lining. There are 2 wall lights.
• All bedding is non-allergenic. The sheet and duvet covers are either cotton or poly/cotton.
• The family bathroom is next to the second bedroom. Access to the bathroom is through a door 80 cm wide.
• The bathroom has tiled flooring, ceiling spotlights and an automatic extractor fan.
• The toilet is 42 cm high. There is a large pedestal washbasin 80 cm high and traditional twist-type taps. There is a bath with a 54 cm side to step over. At the tap end there is a shower head. A non slip bath mat provided.
• The room has good lighting as well as a roof light for natural light.
• The en suite is accessed from the first bedroom via a step 15 cm high and a door 80 cm wide.
• To the left of the door is a shower with glass panel. Access to the shower is 62 cm.
• The toilet is 42 cm high and the pedestal hand basin is 80 cm high.
• The patio doors open from the living room onto a granite paved area which is uneven. There is a large lawn with apple trees. There is a charcoal barbeque available for your use which is stored in the log store. Please ensure it is cold before stowing away.
• Care must be taken in the garden to be aware of un-level areas of lawn. The garden is enclosed if the gate is shut.